Updated list, April 2, 2020… 10 years later
While we’re all living under quarantine thanks to the Coronavirus, there are a ton of these ‘challenges’ going around Facebook.
I usually avoid them, but this one involves being a curmudgeon and thus is relevant to my interests.
Here are my lists:
- “Good” beer
- Watching videos at all (Facebook, YouTube, IG Stories, etc)
- The Office (see also: Parks and Rec)
- Literally any ‘reality’ tv show ever
- Celebrity anything
- Any video game whatsoever
- Superhero stuff (xmen or whatever)
Things I love that others don’t—
- Star Trek
- Marching band
- How doorknobs feel when you turn them
- Writing code
- Writing music
- Red Bull
- Twitter …yes, still
Damn there’s a ton of these 'challenges' going around right now huh? This one involves being a curmudgeon and thus is…
This updated list belongs here in this blog post, since I started a version of 10 years ago. Here are the original items from 10 years ago…
Original list, October 3, 2010
- Jersey shore, reality television in general
- Celebrity gossip
- Chinese food
- Cars, engines, horse power, blah blah
- The Office, LOST, Network dramas & sitcoms in general
- Fox News
- “Corporate culture,” “business rules,” other business jargon
- Basketball, golf, tennis
- The Olympics (most of the time)
- Computer OS specs & details (memory, storage, processor, blah blah)
- Deadliest Catch, Ice Road Truckers, Swamp Loggers, Axe Men, etc.
- Mixed martial arts
- “Good beer” or “real beer”
- So-called “high fashion” or anything related to a “runway” that isn’t also related to aviation
Added October 8, 2010
- John Lennon’s birthday
- Randy Moss being traded to the Vikings
What about you?
What “popular” things do you not care about? I’m sure I’ll think of more items to add.